fbpx
Menu

5 things you like about yourself

HomeForumsFun5 things you like about yourself

New Reply
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Casey
    Participant

So, I was talking with my counselor the other day, and she told me I should write down 5 things that I like about myself, and I figured it would fun for all of us to try, I’ll begin

1. Caring and soft-hearted. I’m reeaally soft hearted, I mean, I care for people I don’t even know, and I care about other people’s needs over my own, sometimes to the extreme though…

2. I’m intelligent. I don’t mean to sound arrogant here, but I’m really smart, like, I’m only 16, but I’ve been reading tons of books on psychology and psychotherapy by authors such as Carl Jung, Freud, and Alan Watts.

3. I have a sense of humor. I know that sounds cliche, but senses of humor are severely lacking in our world, especially self humor, my sister says it’s good to make fun of yourself sometimes, it gives you perspective.

4. Considerate. Again, not trying to sound arrogant, but I have a tendency to put others ahead of mean, for no reason.

5. I’m a good listener, I mean, even though I’ve been going through my own struggle with depression, I’ll happily stop to listen to your troubles and see how you’re doing, I have friend who’s going through a really hard time, but I try to stay there and support, I’m an extremely loyal friend

Now lets hear yours…

Lori Deschene
    Keymaster

Awesome list, Casey! It sounds like you’re a great friend to have. Here’s mine:

1. I’m compassionate. Some people call me a “bleeding heart,” but I think it’s far better than the alternative!

2. I think outside the box. I rarely do anything just because other people are doing it or it’s because I’m told it’s what I “should” do. In fact, I usually question everything I’m told to be sure it makes sense for me.

3. I’m adventurous. I’ve created a lot of exciting possibilities for myself, and I’m always open to new ones.

4. I’m a talented writer. I love knowing that I’ve used this talent to help and inspire others.

5. I enable other people to inspire, as well. I’m proud of the time I devote to helping others craft and share their stories for the Tiny Buddha blog.

Thank you for sharing this exercise here. It made me feel good to put this list together.

How are things going with you, in terms of your depression?

Selflove
    Participant

This is great!! We have been taught since childhood to not speak highly of yourself as its considered conceited. But we DO need to know US… our true self. Not in an arrogant way but simply in a self respecting way. So here’s my list…

1. I Love that I Love to love others.

2. I Love helping/ taking care of people, and like you Casey, I go above and beyond my own happiness to be there for others.

3. I have a great sense of humor. I sometimes embarrass myself but I still make people laugh. E.g Recently, my best friends Grand Mother passed away; I asked my friend what should I bring with me. She said “Just a sympathy card” to which i said “Should I put money in it?” We both laughed ( I am truly sorry if I have offended anyone but Life is eternal. It does not end when the body dies)

4. I can see the good in the most difficult of situation and/or most disgusting of people. (excuse my judgement)

5. I love to read and grow; I am faced with some very painful moments of my life but I’ve read so much about self forgiveness and gratitude that I am amazed at how much light there is in darkest hours.

May love and light be with you all

Casey
    Participant

Thank you, Lori, for asking. It’s been something I’ve been struggling with my whole life, I have a hard time accepting myself for who I am, and it doesn’t help that i’m a little eccentric. But something I’ve been learning over this last summer is how to be able to love myself, and how to be more accepting of myself, so that I when I finally get over my depression, I can help others do that same.
    (I don’t mean to break the continuity of the game, sorry)

Alexey Sunly
    Participant

I just have one thing:

I am all around AWESOME! ;P

Lori Deschene
    Keymaster

You’re most welcome. I can relate, as I also struggled with depression and had a hard time accepting myself, starting when I was very young. That’s wonderful, that you’re planning to help others. I’m sure your openness and commitment to growth will inspire other people. Thank you again for starting this thread!

MarcusRP
    Participant

1. I like that I’m funny. Humor often gets me through difficult situations, and it is one of the ways I make friends.
    2. I like my gratitude, and my “count your blessings” point of view.
    3. I like that I can play piano for hours and live in the music for a while.
    4. I like the way I can intuitively feel what others are feeling, and truly understand who they are and where they come from.
    5. I like my dedication to the betterment of myself and my perception of the world around me.

Zee
    Participant

This is a good idea! I’ve always had difficulty with these kinds of exercises though…

1. I like that I am intelligent and open minded. I’m interested in so many things and always eager to learn.

2. I like that I am compassionate. As someone else said, I am a total “bleeding heart”, especially with animals and children.

3. I like that I am resilient. I’ve been through a lot, but I always find the strength to pull through somehow.

4. I like that I am affectionate. I love to give hugs and just be close to people.

5. I like that I am thoughtful. I always try put a lot of thought into when I give gifts to people.

Happiness For You
    Participant

Five things about i like about me.
    1.Kind
    2.Loving.
    3.Caring.
    4.patience.
    5.Humor.

Andrea Belarruti
    Participant

Great idea! 5 things I like about me:

1.I’m funny, I laugh even when I’m not supposed to and I often make others smile.
    2.I can reinvent myself completely if needed, I’m quite fearless when I know I need to make a deep change.
    3. I’m always looking at the lessons and the blessings even in the most challenging situations.
    4.I’m quite compassionate, I’m not perfect but I try to be as loving as I can.
    5. I forgive; always. And if it’s a deep wound I’ll do all the inner work I have to and then, I forgive; always.

This is a good exercise. I was a bit surprised, I consider that I’m a pretty self-loving person but this made me think about how often do I truly recognize my virtues and say nice things to myself. Thanks for sharing Casey!

Cari
    Participant

Hummm. This is harder than it should be….

1. I am creative and artistic. Every year I try something new. Last year it was crochet. It helped me heal some wounds. This year it’s playing the ukele.
    2. I am the best cheerleader. Not an actual one with Pom poms, but I can motivate and encourage people. There is nothing more wonderful than helping someone to feel a little bit better.
    3. I am compassionate.
    4. I am quirky and fun when I’m comfortable. I like doing silly things to make my friends and family laugh.
    5. I don’t hold on to grudges. I just want to live, learn, and move forward.

Thank you Casey. I needed to do this for myself. Your small act of bravery has inspired us. I also don’t think you should be worried about coming across as being arrogant when you tell people your strengths. Knowing who you are and what you do well is important.

Cari
    Participant

Hummm. This is harder than it should be….

1. I am creative and artistic. Every year I try something new. Last year it was crochet. It helped me heal some wounds. This year it’s playing the ukele.
    2. I am the best cheerleader. Not an actual one with Pom poms, but I can motivate and encourage people. There is nothing more wonderful than helping someone to feel a little bit better.
    3. I am compassionate.
    4. I am quirky and fun when I’m comfortable. I like doing silly things to make my friends and family laugh.
    5. I don’t hold on to grudges. I just want to live, learn, and move forward.

Thank you Casey. I needed to do this for myself. Your small act of bravery has inspired us. I also don’t think you should be worried about coming across as being arrogant when you tell people your strengths. Knowing who you are and what you do well is important.

Ananda
    Participant

1. I am able to focus when I want to.
    2. I am open-minded and appreciate new perspectives.
    3. I have learned how to maintain a good attitude.
    4. I am a good listener.
    5. I can be funny.

Thank you for this exercise 🙂

Melissa
    Participant

1. I like the way I look, not a vanity thing, I’m just blessed with good genes and like to take care of myself.

2. I’m creative and what brings me great joy is the fact that I believe my friends genuinely love what I produce whether it be an enormous multi coloured chocolate brownie birthday cake or a hand painted tobacco tin with cheeky personal slogan on.

3. I can see both sides to every coin. It drives my friends mad when I can’t take sides in an argument and drives me mad when I have to vote..

4. I have a thirst for knowledge and quench it with research…

5. I love that I have the confidence to talk happily to anyone at all ( I work in a bar and have to be counsellor, confidante and comedian all in one evening). Bring me the queen and I’d find out what colour knickers she’s wearing and make her laugh while she told me.

Sree
    Participant

Hey, its a good practice… after a long time I’m trying to find out some good things about myself. Thanks for starting this thread.

1. I am helpful. I always take to help any one who needs my help.
    2. I’m a good listener. problems, gossips, blah blah… I’m all ears to listen to people and try to console them.
    3. I’m a good entertainer.. as I feel content when people leave my home with a smile on their faces after a sumptuous dinner get together.
    4. I am a witty person and I like that in me.
    5. I like the fact that I don’t stick to a single thing in my life and always have an urge to explore new ideas and keep moving on. No guilt load.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Please log in OR register.